Friday, September 09, 2005

Brian Free and Assurance Live in New York CD


Next week the National Quartet Convention will converge on Louisville, KY. In the music links section of my blog, you can find Brian Free and Assurance. They are a Southern Gospel group out of North Georgia. Their most recent project is a CD recorded live in New York City.

This past month the first annual Southern Gospel Music FanFair was held in Chattanooga, TN. Brian Free and Assurance were awarded the following;

Favorite Male Quartet
Favorite Male Tenor Brian Free
Favorite Video/DVD Live in New York City

Next week at the NQC they are nominated for the following awards; Favorite Tenor, Scott McDowell for Horizon Individual, Favorite Song "Long As I Got King Jesus", Favorite Video Live in New York City.

It is refreshing to see that "Long As I Got King Jesus" is nominated for Favorite Song. Some of the lyrics are; I've been lied on - cheated, talked about - mistreated, rebuked, scorned - talked about sure as you're born I've been up, down - almost to the ground Long as I got King Jesus I don't need, nobody else.

No comments: