Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Governor Winfield Dunn Chairs Senator Jim Bryson's Campaign

From this mornings Knoxville News-Sentinel, it is officially announced that Governor Winfield Dunn will be the campaign Chairman of State Senator Jim Bryson's campaign to take back our state government by electing Senator Bryson as our next Governor.

Governor Dunn built the modern day Republican party in Tennessee being the first Republican elected Governor in more than 50 years. Governor Dunn was in Knoxville last week and I had an opportunity to speak with him.

I told him that when I first ran for public office in 1990, again in 200 and 2004 and throughout many of my speeches over the past several years, I have used the quote that Governor Dunn made when announcing his candidacy for Governor in 1970. "Support me if you can, Oppose me if you must, But above all participate." Governor Dunn was then elected and served as our Governor from 1971-1975. He is the Governor that produced the Kindergarten program.

It is refreshing to see Governor Dunn is out supporting Senator Bryson. I do not believe this is the only high profile Republican that will endorse or be a part of Bryson's campaign. Governor Dunn is simply the first and a great start it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are having a difficult time deciding who to support in the 2010TN Governor's race. We were wondering if Gov. Dunn has expressed who he is supporting? Any help?
Dave and Carol Robertson