Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Little Harold (Ford, Jr)

My friend, Adam Groves of the infamous Simply I blog has an excellent post here about the Ford family and some real Republicans and a possible RINO. The reason that I enjoyed this post is the quote attributed to my good friend and Republican Chairman, Tennessee Republican Party Chairman Bob Davis. Here is the quote.

"Congressman Ford (senior) has a history of making irresponsible statements...What I do know is that every time he opens his mouth is 100 less votes for his son...What we're going to be doing (in the campaign) is talking about the congressman's record, but you can't help but think about it. At the end of the day, people are going to be thinking about whether Harold Ford Jr. is like his father or (uncle and convicted tax evader) Emmitt or Ophelia."

Little Harold, Little Harold, Think about this. You are indeed a FORD.

1 comment:

Deacon David Oatney said...

The most frightning thing about Harry Ford, Jr. is that someone who does not know how corrupt these Fords are would think he was a really GREAT guy.

I have an old college friend who seems to think that Harold Ford is the answer to the Democrats' Congressional leadership problems. (Poor guy can't help it-he's a pro-life Catholic Democrat, and I've been trying for years to make a Republican out of him to no avail). He's a charming man, Harry Ford...

But my late Grandfather taught me much of the grit stuff a know about politics, and I'll be the first to admit I don't know it all...he used to often quote the old saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

This man hasn't just been around that kind of corruption, he's been raised around it. I think it is a fair question to ask-whether Harold Ford, Jr. even knows any different.