Monday, March 05, 2007

Friends of the Public Library Used Book Sale

Today began the Knox County Friends of the Public Library Used Book Sale. This year's event is being held in the old or the original Knoxville Convention Center. The one located below the Frank Haney Holiday Inn on Henley Street.

I attended the sale this afternoon and found one jewel. "Howard Baker's Washington" Howard Baker's Washington is one of several picture books assembled by former Senate Majority Leader Howard Baker. I had checked recently on Amazon.com to purchase a copy as it is out of print. However, I snagged an excellent copy today for $2.00.

I also purchased a hard copy of a John Grisham book that I only had the paperback of, I am a John Grisham fan and this completes my John Grisham library. I also purchased a copy of the book So Help Me God written by Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama Roy Moore. Finally, I purchased a copy of the 1962 book Why Not Victory? A Fresh Look at American Foreign Policy by Barry Goldwater. Inside the book was a very old political bumper sticker James for Congress. When talking to my friend and fellow blogger Jake Mabe. He suggested the sticker could have been for Fob James.

All this for $8.00 and 1 hour of time. I am well pleased. Check out the book sale that continues through this week.

No comments: