Tuesday, August 09, 2005

31 years ago today

31 years ago today, Richard Milhous Nixon resigned the presidency. Henry Kissinger accepted at 11:35 am according to a copy of the resignation letter. On August 9, 1974, I was 11 days from being 8 years old.

My first political memory is playing in the living room floor and looking up at the television as the special report broke in and Nixon was climbing aboard the helicopter that would transport him out, as he gave his infamous wave.

As you can see from my blog there are alot of Nixon quotes. I have enjoyed his books and maintain a small Nixon library.

How would Nixon survive in the world of politics today? I believe that American's are more forgiving, after all we allowed the Clinton's to serve 8 years without prosecution, and then New York elected Hilleary.

No comments: