Friday, August 05, 2005

City Council Candidate Elections

This morning The Knoxville News-Sentinel has a story about the first City Council forum attended by all active candidates. I hope that the KNS and other media outlets will cover the races. What is worse than voters not voting is for voters to cast uninformed votes.

I do not live in the City of Knoxville. In 1988, I lived within the city limits for about six months.

I enjoy living in the county and should be able to do so without threat or persuasion. The greatest threat to myself and the other land-owners in the county is forced annexation. It is equivalent to armed robbery.

An organization that I have maintained an active membership in since the Victor Ashe administration is Citizens for Home Rule. This organization has NEVER lost a lawsuit challenging the City of Knoxville and its aggressive annexation posture.

No comments: