Saturday, October 29, 2005

My Public Comments on the Libby Indictment


Todays News-Sentinel has reaction from several officials on the Libby indictment. Below are the comments that are attributed to me.

Brian Hornback, chairman of the Knox County Republican Party, said politics has become "a very brutal game on both sides, and sometimes things like this happen." He predicted that Republicans still will support President Bush and Vice President Cheney and "continue to carry the message" of lower taxes, responsible government, fighting terrorism and supporting freedom in oppressed countries.

As you are aware I am the Chairman of the Knox County Republican Party. These allegations and indictments have become the standard M.O. for the opposition. An indictment is not a guilty verdict, nor a guilty plea. Libby did the right thing in stepping down from his position with the Vice-President, immediately following the indictment. My thoughts and prayers are with I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

I don't blame the Democrats for crying and carrying on that it is so bad. They have to do so. I will continue to stand with and support our President and Vice-President. I cringe at the thought of Prince Albert Gore as President on September 11, 2001. I shudder to think what kind of judicial nominee Sir John Kerrey would have nominated for the position of Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.

Thank God for George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

My personal footnote: The conversation with Richard Powelson the Washington Bureau Chief for the News-Sentinel was pleasant. It was great to talk with a professional print reporter and hope that one day I will be able to meet him in person.

No comments: