Saturday, January 27, 2007

Can it be both ways?

UPDATE: I have received an email that the former Chairman has posted over at the local blog forum a response to this post. He says "that I am attempting to criticize him". First of all the post title ends with a question mark. It is asking a question not being accusatory. Secondly, the label on the post is Human Interest Humor. It is meant to be funny. If the former Chairman takes offense. I apologize.

In the post comment that was forwarded to me it states that "Brian Hornback does apparently read" this forum. Let me address that statement from the former Chairman. Yes, I do on occasion read the forum. However, I made the decision to unsubscribe which does not allow me to post comments. If there is ever a post purporting to be from me. It isn't true. The only website/forum that I do not log onto is the website of AM 1180 and AM 1120. I have publicly stated that I have not logged onto their site since August of 2006 and that is the truth. Certain person(s) in July and August of 2006 were posting things on the radio stations website that were not from me and I ended it, by informing the station and its listeners that I would NEVER log onto the website. Similarly, I removed myself from the blog forum that the former Chairman participates in to avoid someone doing the same thing on a different website in a different setting.

Over at a local blog forum last evening there was a post about the story in today's Sentinel concerning the Sheriff's release of the documentation and findings into the investigation of the personal emails of the former Chairman of the Knox County Republican Party.

The former Chairman said on the forum comment section that the Sentinel story is misleading. Within 464 minutes or almost 8 hours later he says the Sentinel report is Good, very Good.

The former Chairman appears to be confused.

1) Channel 6 just called me.
Submitted by CBT on Fri, 2007/01/26 - 10:58pm.

Channel 6 just called me. The KNS article is misleading. They lay all the of the reason Tyler Harber won't be charged on me. I don't think that's accurate. I've explained this before, including on this blog I think.

I was told by Randy Nichols that the taking of emails from my personal home computer was a misdemeanor. He would not take out the warrant, but would leave that to me. It had been a year. Tyler had resigned and moved to Florida. It seemed to me to be a waste of time and money to haul Tyler back up here to get a 30 day probation and dismissed charge.

I don't know what else is in the report. I don't know what else the KCSO reported to Randy Nichols office. It was not up to me to press charges for anything other than the taking of my emails. That was up to others. What they did or didn't do, why they did or didn't do it, that wasn't up to me.

Throughout these events, the KNS has simply done a terrible job of accurately reporting this confusing story.


2) The print story in the KNS
Submitted by CBT on Sat, 2007/01/27 - 6:42am.

The print story in the KNS today is much different than last night's online version. The story changed substantially. Scott Barker seems to have done a good job of reporting.


No comments: