Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Channel 6 Apolgizes and the Apology was Accepted

During the 5 o'clock newscast Channel 6 played a "teaser" saying that there were some backroom deals going on and the deals got canceled when their cameras showed up. The problem with their "tease" is they showed camera footage of me talking to a new County Commissioner.

I objected for many different reasons a few of which include 1) I am not a Commissioner and my conversations with ONE Commissioner is NO backroom deal. 2) It appeared to me to be a slap at the Knox County Republican Party and myself (the Parties leader) 3) I wasn't given an opportunity to respond prior to such allegation and video being used.

A Channel 6 News Director viewed the 5 o'clock telecast and the "teasers" they called me back and said they understand where my concern came from, they mistakenly used video footage they should not have and have apologized. They assured me that there is and will never be an effort or attempt to single out one political party or individual for criticism that is not warranted.

I thanked them and all is well tonight.

No comments: