Sunday, January 14, 2007

Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownby Recovered

What an awesome story at the end of this week and weekend. The first time I heard that Shawn Hornbeck had been recovered I was sitting in my living room reading some material and Fox News was on in the background and I thought that I heard my last name. I looked up and began to see the first report about the recovery of Shawn Hornbeck.

Is Shawn Hornbeck related? I don't know. The spelling is obviously different. My Grandfather did came to Knox County from Joplin, MO. Joplin is located in the southwest corner of Missouri. The Hornback and Hornbeck name are common throughout Missouri and north into Canada. There is also a pocket of Hornback's in the Cincinnati, OH and Northern Kentucky area and for the most part the rest of us are spread out across the globe. I have received an email from one in Georgia. There are at least three different sets of Hornback's in East Tennessee that we know of.

No comments: