Sunday, February 11, 2007

Have You driven down Cedar Bluff Road recently?

If you have you should have noticed the new Cedar Bluff Elementary School is really coming along. When I was elected to serve the Fifth District in 2000, my first priority was to see that the portable villages were replaced with a permanent state of the art facility. I am proud to see that what the community and I started is coming true.

I just hope that the new building with house all the students and that portables won't remain when the construction is completed. This picture ran in the Farragut Press while the school system looked at some additional property options. I am pictured looking at a topography map with former Cedar Bluff Primary School Principal Joyce Core.

The community ultimately decided they wanted the school to remain on the current campus. I feel that the community should ultimately make decisions that outlive public servants or politicians. I viewed my role as a public servant. During my term I hosted community meetings at each school every year 2000 - 2004 in order to get citizen input. It was always a free flow never scripted event. Sometimes the media would show up and sometimes they did not. It always made me aware of what the citizens in District Five desired in their school system.


No comments: