Wednesday, May 02, 2007

School Board Meeting - Board Discussion with a Commissioner Thrown in

Robert Bratton: I have heard folks say that they would like a school with open enrollment then prove it. Give our curriculum people the opportunity to make this an out of the box school. You will have kids that will never be the starting quarterback, or have the lead role in a play. If we can have a viable school in this system at less than 800 students. Then we can make this a viable school.

I felt this is the best option that is why I yielded the floor to Mrs. Buttry. Because all we will have when one amendment passes by a board member then I got my kids in my district fixed, I will vote for plan. And that is not right.

Thomas Deakins: When we had the groundbreaking. He then called Commissioner Lambert to the podium. Do you have a problem with putting 384 students in this high school. Yes, I will be comfortable with that. I have confidence in the school board and the administration. I wish you didn't force kids to attend and instead give them the option to attend. You have the experience and the heart to help kids. You can build a school that kids will want to attend. I am asking you to vote for Cindy's proposal.

No comments: