Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I don't know what to think about this one........

From the Tennessean website this afternoon, the black bear that the park rangers lured into a trap with doughnuts and honey buns and then found himself dead. Does not appear at first testing to be the perpetrator of the crime.

No additional suspect bears were retrieved from the forest, No line up was conducted, No legal counsel for the bear to give his side. Now the real bear could be in lock up as we speak or he could be out lingering in the woods looking for the next victim.

I am not intending to make light of this situation. I am the father of three and husband of one. If that had been my daughter, son and wife, I would have a hard time living right now. But, the forestry service needs to get its act together. They are paid with our tax dollars and just killing the first bear, just doesn't seem right to me.

The initial report is the bear that attacked the family was 350 - 400 lbs. This bear was 203 lbs. Now excuse me but put a 203 lb human out there and they won't look like a 350 - 400 lb one, would they?

No comments: