Friday, April 14, 2006

Withdrawal Deadline Takes Two Off the Primary Ballot

Yesterday was the withdrawal deadline for the State Primary Election ballot and two Democrats are no longer candidates. Ron Rudder had filed the necessary paperwork to run for the Democrat State Executive Committee in the 7th State Senate district and would challenge William Owen. Mr Rudder's departure from the race leaves Owen as uncontested for the position.

In the 14th district Democrat candidate Cindy McGill had filed the paperwork to challenge Republican incumbent Parkey Strader. Her departure from the race leaves Representative Strader without a primary or general election opponent. Parkey is my State Representative and my friend. I am proud of his work in the legislature last year and this year and I look forward to calling him my Representative for the next two years.

Good job, Parkey.

No comments: