Sunday, April 30, 2006

Redneck Nation How the South Really Won The War


I have just finished reading this book written by Michael Graham. Michael Graham spent 6 years on the national comedy club circuit opening for Jerry Seinfield and Robin Williams, then spent 6 years as a Republican political consultant. He has been a frequent guest on Politically Incorrect and Hardball with Chris Matthews.

I purchased this book on a hunch that it would be a good book to relieve stress and because I am not a avid reader of fiction. Not much to fiction, in my view, but I digress.

This book is funny, does relieve some stress, takes your mind in another direction and has some interesting insight to it.

It discusses Joe Lieberman, How the South Really won the War, Where is the South?, North -vs- South, Rednecks and White Whine, Nothing gets this bad except on purpose: Redneck Education, B.J.U.S.A (which is Bob Jones University), Without Merit, Darwin is Dead, It's a ______ thing. You wouldn't understand, Mario Brothers, Submit, Hell (my favorite chapter), Taken to the Extreme, Blowed up real good (my second favorite chapter), Hee Haw and finally the Epilogue: Confessions of a Reluctant Southerner.

If you have spent most of your life in the South, this is a good book to take you back to your childhood memories and allows you an opportunity to laugh at yourself and your kin.

Michael Graham has a blog with podcast available and can be found here.

Michael Graham may just become one of my favorites.

No comments: