Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: Knox GOP Chairman Jenkins Eyes Law Director Post

This morning I had three separate sources inform me that Knox County Republican Party Chairman Ray Jenkins is eyeing the position of Knox County Law Director. I contacted a fourth source close to the upcoming selection by Knox County Commission. That fourth person confirmed the same as the three previous sources. So, I text messaged Jenkins. In the text I asked, "I have had 4 different sources this a.m. inform me that you are seeking the Knox Co. Law Director position. Want to confirm?" He chose to inform me that he would respond by email as his thumbs were cramping. So, this afternoon the email stated in part, "I have stated that I will not seek an appointment to that position, as it is an elected office... In the event a special election is scheduled to fill the vacancy, I will make a determination at that time..."

No comments: