Sunday, January 22, 2006

33 Years - America Should Be So Proud - NOT!



Thirty three years ago, I was 6. Today is the thirty third anniversary of the Supreme Court Ruling Roe-vs-Wade. Thirty three years later and 40 million babies have been slaughtered for the sake of freedom of choice, reproductive rights etc.

This from Fox News on June 17, 2003

Norma McCorvey announced Tuesday she will petition the court to reopen the original case, based on changes in law and technology over the last 30 years.

"I'm sorry that I signed that affidavit," McCorvey said during the press conference Tuesday, referring to when she became the plaintiff in the original case.

She said the court case "brought the holocaust of abortion" but that with her legal action Tuesday, "I feel good about myself, I really do. I feel like the weight of the world has really been lifted off my shoulders."

McCorvey made the announcement at the Ferris Plaza Park in Dallas, just blocks from the Earl Cabell Federal Building, where the original lawsuit was entered.

"I long for the day that justice will be done and the guilt from all of these deaths will be removed from my shoulders," McCorvey said in a statement announcing the intent of the motion. "I want to do everything in my power to help women and their children.


What if the mother of Patricia Ireland, head of the organization NOW had exercised her right to abort. Would that make it right? NO. What if Billy Graham or Ted Kennedy's mother made that choice? NO. NO. NO.

As a nation America will be judged for the past 33 years and counting.

No comments: