Sunday, February 14, 2010

This 2010 Valentines Day brings back Memories

The 2010 Valentines day brings back memories for me today. First, today is the Daytona 500. In 1994, the Daytona 500 was on February 18. Early in the Sunday morning hours my wife gave birth to our youngest son. I watched the Daytona 500 with our youngest son in my arms. Each of my children bring fond memories of when they were born. The oldest born in October and came home on Halloween. The middle was born in August always the hottest time of summer.

But also for as long as I could remember on Valentines day about mid to late day I always called by buddy, Former Knox County Property Assessor and MY Former State Representative Park M. "Parkey" Strader and wished him a Happy Birthday. This year Parkey is not with us. He is home in heaven enjoying his eternal reward. So, as Parkey enjoys his new home in heaven, I am reminded of all the good things Parkey did here on earth and hope that one day I will be remembered for a small contribution, because no body can measure up to Parkey's level.

No comments: