Saturday, December 10, 2011

GO NAVY! Beat Army

Today is the annual classic Army / Navy football game. It will be televised beginning at 2:30 p.m. on CBS. Locally on WVLT VolunteerTV.

Anyway, it is Go Navy for me. You see my "Mammaw Blake's" brother lived in Crownsville, MD and was a farmer. In 1991, Navy borrowed the Army mule and they used my Uncle Weir's expertise, horse trailer and his farm to house the Army mule. The Navy football coach rode into a hotel ballroom on the back of the Army mule. My uncle was still guiding the mule for safe keeping.

Below is the scan of the newspaper article. My uncle is listed as "Tennessee Denton" and is the one on the right of the photograph. So, as my Mammaw and Uncle Weir have both gone on to heaven. I will still be cheering for Navy! Go Navy Beat Army!

No comments: