Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tonight is the Duncan Family BBQ

Tonight from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5:00 p.m.) at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum is the Duncan Family BBQ - a tradition since 1968. They are held every two years in October, I have attended every one since 1980.

Two years ago, former Major League baseball player and Knoxville City Councilman Ed Bailey and I had an encounter with Democrat Congressman Harold Ford, Jr on the floor of the Coliseum. It was fun. After our exchange, an Associated Press reporter attempted to interview Mr. Bailey, he wouldn't talk to her. I did. Also, two years ago I had an exchange with Democrat Lincoln Davis. That was fun, as well. However, this year will be a little sad in that my friend and Congressman Duncan's buddy Ed Bailey will not be there. Since the last BBQ a battle with cancer took him on to Heaven.

Mr. Bailey and I shared a love of Republican politics and a love for the Duncan family. So, I will be there as always defending my good friend Jimmy Duncan and the Republicans. I am hoping that I make Mr. Bailey proud, tonight.

So, come on down tonight. Good Food (BBQ, Fried Chicken and Fixin's, Chips, Baked Beans, Drink, Moon Pie, Ice Cream and Popcorn) . Good Entertainment (CMA Award Winner and Capitol Recording Artist T. Graham Brown, the David West Bluegrass Band and the 200 voice Crown College Choir). Get a ticket, fill it out, drop it in the box and heck you may win one of the 10 free color televisions that they will be giving away.

No comments: