Tuesday, June 03, 2008

McCain Town Hall Meeting

I was fortunate to be able to attend the John McCain and his Straight Talk Express town hall meeting at the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN. Prior to the doors opening the line for the general public went down Fourth Avenue and up Broadway.

I was fortunate to enter through the side door for VIP & Media. The check in was swift and easy with all individuals entering through security screening.

John Rich of the country music duo Big & Rich entertained with about six songs. Rich told the story of when he met John McCain and why he is supporting McCain. Rich introduced Senator Dr. Bill Frist, M.D.. Frist spoke and then introduced Senator Fred Thompson. Thompson spoke and introduced Senator John McCain.

McCain came out and spoke about energy dependency and how to resolve our dependency on foreign fuel. He spoke about the war, the recent comments by the President of Iran and the war on terrorism.

He answered several questions, including one where a lady suggested Fred Thompson as his running mate.

As McCain was leaving, I was able to speak to him and he autographed a copy of the photograph that is utilized as the Brian's Blog profile photo. After it was over, we went outside and I talked with Jim Bryson, a former State Senator and Republican candidate for Governor. We were able to catch up, it was great seeing him.

Senator Fred Thompson was being interviewed on camera. After he finished, I was able to speak to him and have my picture made with him. Bob Davis, Jr., former Tennessee Republican Chairman was there. I was also able to speak to our current Tennessee Republican Chair, Robin Smith. She is the hardest working woman in the state.

Overall, a great event that demonstrates the support that Republicans have across this great state.

I was kind of a troublemaker on the way to the town hall meeting, as I cut through the anti-war demonstrators on Fourth Avenue, I made a comment. They ignored me. I shouldn't have done that, but it was just too tempting.

No comments: