Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Voted!

Late this afternoon after arriving from Western North Carolina I stopped in at Downtown West Early Voting Center and cast my vote.

There was some national race that hasn't gotten much media attention.

The U.S. Senate seat for TN with Republican U.S. Senator Bob Corker faced by several Independent challengers. Even one from South Knox County, I predict a 75-80% vote for Corker. That may be aggressive. Occasionally, I step out of the box that kind a way.

Then Congressman Duncan being opposed by a couple of familiar names. Familiar in that they always run against Duncan. As always, Duncan will capture a HUGE majority vote unless of course that Robert Lawrence Smith write-in campaign kicks up. But we all know that this blog will not be involved in that write-in campaign.

The State Senate District 6 race where Senator Becky Massey is facing a challenge. Senator Massey is running again this October/November like last October/November. Massey has been a good Senator the past year and deserves a full four year term.

My State Representative Ryan Haynes is being challenged. Haynes is an exceptional young leader and one that I have supported from day one and will continue to do so.

Then all them pesky Charter Amendments all proposed by the pesky Chatter Review Committee. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it keeps career politicians confused and clamoring about how they and others interpret the charter keeps gridlock. I am for gridlock and confusion. It keeps us bloggers in business. Just Vote NO!

By the way, there were campaign workers for them national candidates that haven't gotten much media attention. None of them asked for my vote. I always remember what Speaker Tip Oneill detailed in his book. He thanked his neighbor for her vote after an election. She told him, I didn't vote for you. He was shocked. She said you never asked for my vote. If you are working for someone don't assume that you do not or that you do have someones vote. Just ask!

No comments: