Saturday, May 16, 2009

Farragut High School's Mandatory Summer Read

O.k., my middle child starts Farragut High School in August 2009. For the past four years I have read every summer read book that Farragut has offered. Last year there were four. I purchased all four and read them.

So, I was pleased when I discovered that this years Summer Read Theme is Life's Lessons. Each student must choose one of three books to read. I have the first one and love it. Here are the three choices. So, I will be purchasing Dewey and The Blind Side. However, The Last Lecture is an excellent choice. Good job, Farragut High School.

1. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch and Jeffrey Zaslow
ISBN: 1401309658

2. Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat That Touched the World by Vicki Myron and Bret Witter
ISBN: 0340920025

3. The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game* by Michael Lewis
ISBN: 0393330478

By the way, I will also be reading the three books for the Ninth grade AP English students as well. I am currently reading, How to Read Literature like a Professor. Then, A Raisin in the Sun and The Lord of the Flies. So, I have several books to keep me busy in addition to the other ones that I am planning to read as well.

No comments: