Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First of Six Mandatory Summer Read Books Completed

As previously reported one of my current middle school children will be at Farragut High School. Four years ago, I began reading the Farragut High School Mandatory Summer Reads. This year in addition to reading all three of the optional books. I am also reading the Ninth Grade AP summer books. I have just completed the first of the three Ninth Grade AP books. The first one that I read was How to Read Literature Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster. I really wish that this book could have been a resource when I was in high school in the mid 1980's. Of course the book was published in 2003. It is a book that Farragut High School indicates a student will use as a resource every year. I am pleased that I have read it and it will be a resource that I will use as a handy reference guide.

In June 2008, Thomas C. Foster published How to Read Novels Like a Professor.

2 comments:

Dan Andrews said...

i thought they only had stone tablets when you went to school...ha ha jk

Brian Hornback said...

That is true, Political Leverage. However, it could have been written on the stone tablets instead of continuing to leave me in the dark while living in the dark ages. LOL.