Thursday, May 28, 2009

Former Commissioner Stephens, "I shall not seek, and I will.....

Several newsprint publications have rumored that former Powell County Commissioner Larry Stephens is preparing to run for public office again. They speculate that he may be eyeing a run for Seventh District School Board seat currently held by School Board Member Rex Stooksbury. In an exclusive interview with Brian's Blog Stephens informed us that he will NOT be a candidate. He has retired from a long career as a teacher and coach at Powell High School. He is enjoying retirement and has a job in Marketing with a local firm and he has no interest or intent to be a candidate for any position. The tone of his comments to us were similar to the tone of Lyndon Johnson. "I shall not seek, and I will not accept the nomination of my party for......."

No comments: