Sunday, July 22, 2007

Lillian Bean's Recipes. Where Can You Find Them?

Lillian Bean, former Knox County Circuit Court Clerk in addition to having served Knox County with exceptional service knows how to cook. Whether you were a recipient of a can of Lillian's beans or just happened to wonder by.

In my life of politics. Lillian and Richard Bean compliment one another exceptionally well. Richard is always one of the guys that I seek advice from and Lillian often sends a quick note of encouragement.

Well, the weekly newspaper that I love from North Knoxville is the Fountain City Focus and Lillian has started a weekly Recipe column called Little goodies from Lillian's BEAN POT.

This week there were three recipes Deviled Eggs, Fruit Salad with Honey Orange Dressing and Summer Fruits with Peanut Butter-Honey Dip. She also included some great advice on packing a picnic.

Now the third recipe I can't try as I have an individual in my home that is allergic to Peanut Butter. Deviled Eggs are always superb. But now the Fruit Salad with Honey Orange Dressing that would be something special to try.

Check out the Fountain City Focus each week, here in order to see what Lillian will recommend for us all.
Other newspapers run recipe columns, but no body is a better cook than Lillian Bean. So if you want the best, then you consult with the best.

Fountain City Focus and Lillian Bean truly the best.

Here is the recipe.

Fruit Salad with Honey - Orange Dressing
Ingredients

½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
¼ cup nonfat mayonnaise
¼ cup honey
¾ teaspoon grated orange peel
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons orange juice
½ teaspoons vinegar
4 cups assorted fruit

Instructions: Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, orange peel and mustard in small bowl until blended. Gradually mix in orange juice and vinegar. Toss fruit gently with dressing.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes 4 servings.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you knox what happened to the local party's website?

Brian Hornback said...

I was informed last Friday that it had disappeared.

I guess that I could speculate. However, I won't be a sideline booer like the past Chairman Chad Tindell.

What I can tell you is that I turned over all party assets to the new Chair Irene McCrary (that would include the website and email list) and it's technically out of my hands.

I have been told they are working to resolve it. Time will tell.