Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Senator John Sidney McCain Taking On Water But He Fights To Live Another Day

There were many departures from the McCain campaign today multiplying to the departures from last week. Word on the street this afternoon was it is over. It very well may be, however, the former POW and American Hero responded quickly with an email out to his list this afternoon.

It reads.

Challenges are nothing new to me. Whether political challenges, physical challenges or even personal challenges - how you stand up, face them and move forward defines your character and your strength.

My friends, it's no secret that we have faced many challenges in this campaign. But I continue to do my best to make you proud by standing on principle and doing the tough things necessary to make our nation proud and strong - it's the only way I know how.

I'm honored that you're standing with me and I'm determined to continue to face our challenges head-on and win. The stakes are simply too high to sit on the sidelines during this important crossroad in our nation's history.

I hope you will join me in welcoming back an old friend, Rick Davis, who will be resuming his role from the 2000 campaign as my campaign manager. Though we have a long, hard road ahead of all of us, I know that with your help, we will prevail.

Now is not the time to be timid or to shy away from our challenges - now is the time to stand up and say what we believe. I'm fighting to make our nation stronger, our government more effective and our world a safer place - and I hope you will continue to join me in this important journey.

Together, I have every confidence that we will be successful and I am honored by your continued support and friendship.

Sincerely,
Senator John McCain

No comments: