Sunday, July 08, 2012

A Great July 4, 2012

This past week as we celebrated Independence Day was a fun time. For me it started on Tuesday evening July 3, 2012 when I walked in the Kingston, TN parade with former Third District Congressman Zach Wamp and his wonderful wife Kim. We were walking and campaigning for his son Weston Wamp.

The next morning found me walking in the Farragut, TN parade. I live in Southwest Knox County (between the City of Knoxville and the Town of Farragut) But I consider Farragut my home town. I walked and campaigned for Republican State Representative Ryan Haynes.

Both events were fun and the crowds were very responsive to both candidates.

On Tuesday afternoon, I watched the movie Act of Valor. It provided perspective for what the men and women have done and continue to do to allow folks like me to have the freedom to post here on Shock And Awe without penalty of imprisonment or punishment. God Bless the Troops.
Of course that is me on the far left (of the picture) Roane County Commissioner Randy Ellis  (in the blue shirt)  and former Congressman Zach Wamp on the far right .
Of course that is me replenishing State Representative Ryan Haynes with more ice cold waters to hand out to the thousands of spectators at the Farragut parade. 

No comments: